With the Business Modelling Facilitator Training you will add a new training tool to your toolbox. All the assets you will get are ready to use, but also adaptable.
On day three of this remote training we will:
- Give you the background on what a business model is and talk about why business modelling is important. We will also go through the two most popular tools for business modelling: Business Model Canvas and Lean Canvas!
- Take you through each of the blocks of the canvasses and explain the structure and relationships of the canvasses. We also compare the tools conceptually and discuss which tool is preferable in different settings.
- Take you through the details of mapping AirBnB's business model both to the Business Model Canvas and the Lean Canvas. Afterwards, we compare the two tools again to see how they differ in a practical setting.
- Do a mapping exercise with ready-made stickers for canvasses that you can download and use in your own Business Modelling Workshop
- Take you through how to organize an awesome Business Modelling workshop, using the sets of slides and materials you will get access to
- Provide you with insights and discussions on how to deliver a Business Modelling Workshop 100% remote, complete with an example of how to do a sticker exercise using free tools.
- We also provide advice for adapting the Business Modelling Workshop to various settings, whether you're an intrapreneur, a coach or an educator.
After this training you will be uniquely qualified to turn a Playing Lean workshop and a Business Modelling workshop into a great event for your clients or students, remote or onsite.
By finishing this training you will be able to help your clients or students understand Lean Startup and innovation, create interest in Business Model Canvas, go deep on the Value Proposition Canvas or run lean with the Lean Canvas.
You will also be able to give an introduction to Business Modelling, including why it is important and a set of motivational examples from real life. You will take them through a sticker exercise so that they understand what business modelling is all about and how to use it.
You also get to join the Facilitator Club, a unique community of Playing Lean & Business Modelling Facilitators. We share everything from ideas and techniques to workshop slides - all in the name of creating an ever better experience for players and workshops attendees.
Club members get nice perks such as:
- Discount on games and extensions.
- Access to ready-to-use templates for an online Playing Lean game session
- Access to workshop materials (presentations, templates, visuals, etc.)
- Access to marketing materials (product descriptions, flyers, brochures, etc.)
- Access to facilitation software made by club members
- Networking with Lean Startup coaches and consultants all over the world
- Marketing support through our channels
Agenda Day 1 (October 19th)
18:00 – 18:30 Playing Lean Introduction
18:30 – 18:45 Coffee break
18:45 – 20:00 Playing Lean Workshop
20:15 – 2100 Facilitation Theory & Tools
Agenda Day 2 (October 20th)
18:00 – 20:00 Facilitator Hot-seat
20:00 – 20:15 Coffee and retrospective
20:15 – 20:30 Game Retrospectives
20:30 – 21:00 Q&A
Agenda Day 3 (October 21st)
18:00 – 19:15 Business Modelling Theory
19:15 – 19:30 Coffee break
19:30 – 20:15 Business Modelling Case & Exercise
20:15 – 21:00 Running Business Modelling Workshops
Workshop will be facilitated by Playing Lean creators Simen Fure Jørgensen and Bruno Pešec.
Simen came up with the idea for Playing Lean back in 2014, on a client engagement for Iterate, a consultancy he co-founded and managed. With a background from Computer Science, he has gone on to found several successful companies.
Besides Iterate, Simen has also co-founded Otovo, Europe's leading startup in residential solar.
Bruno helps business leaders innovate profitably. He is the rare innovator who can claim that he's worked on a regulation-defying freight train and an award-winning board game. In addition to his corporate experience with brands like DNV GL, DNB, and Kongsberg, Bruno runs a community of entrepreneurs of several thousand members.
Workshop participants will receive instructions how to join in their email inbox the day before the training!